Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I was at Ballet Kelowna last week, shooting the dancers in action for the upcoming season, getting all the pretty head shots and shots of them jumping and moving on the backdrop with lights flashing to capture each movement. I just love shooting the dancers, they are the most incredible athletes as well as artists.

After we were done, one of the dancers took off her shoes to let her feet air out. I snapped this photo right away, before setting her up to get other one's with better lighting that were more posed, shots they might want to use for the company. Maybe it's my penchant for darkness but this ended up being my favorite of them all. A reminder of how truly magical ballet is, the illusion these artists create of being effortless and light as air.

No comments:

Post a Comment